OneMindOneWorld
1. For my display, I will have the poster with information and my main points being made. I will also have my laptop to show my website, have my podcast playing, and illustrate the linkage to my Facebook page. I will also have a globe on my table and a small handout on resiliency along side my give away globes.
2. For my give away I am thinking about creating a small globe out of paper or clay to represent the unity of the world and working together to empower all people. This item would represent the bigger picture of OneMindOneWorld rather than my curriculum, but signify that we are all human and must work together to encourage others.
3. I am going to be creating a website rather than a PowerPoint, because my whole project is about bringing people together and working with others. PowerPoint is not a good medium for mass communication. I want to use the website as a forum to bring people together and teach others about what is going on in the world. It will also highlight resources and ways to help teach resiliency and self-esteem within the educational system. I believe a website allows for a lot more freedom.
4. My blog will answer the questions given in class and help be a blueprint for my final project.
5. I am going to create a podcast talking about social pressures, self-esteem, and ways to bounce back. It will be a motivational and informative podcast covering issues and discussing personal stories when I had to overcome adversity or a challenge in life. I chose to create a podcast, because I love to talk and do not feel comfortable with film. Podcasts are discussion based and allow for a lot of expression of thoughts and ideas. For my Capstone, this is important due to the fact that I am dealing with a social issue.
6. For my optional part of the project, I am going to be using social media. I have already created a Facebook page for OneMindOneWorld and am going to be building upon that. Social media is great, because it can easily link to my podcast and website, and bring people together from all over the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment